We are committed to ending gun violence, mass incarceration, and mass-criminalization through a holistic approach of community education, policy change, and developing community-based alternatives models of public safety. Faith in New York is a member of Live Free national network.
- Exposing the systemic disparities of the prison industrial complex, standing against gun violence, police brutality, and voter disenfranchisement in communities of color.
- Developing campaigns dedicated to changing state and federal policies around mass incarceration, police brutality and gun violence as these issues impact women.
- Passage of the Fair Chance Act NYC, which Bans the Box on job applications passed into law June 30, 2015
- Prayer, Praise and Peaceful Protest City Hall Rally and Jericho Walk on December 12, 2014 to unite as the faith community to oppose the non-indictment in the Eric Garner murder case and to fight for justice for victims of NYPD brutality and murder
- Working in coalition with Communities for Police Reform (CPR) to push for the passing of the Know Your Rights Act and solution-based initiatives such as Cop Watch that combat police brutality