The Live Free Campaign is a national Faith in Action campaign committed to dismantling the mass-criminalization of people of color by mobilizing the faith community to action using the voices of those closest to the pain in order to build communities where all of God’s children can live free.
In the midst of the coronavirus crisis, Live Free is working to provide FREE masks, hand sanitizer and testing kits for the incarcerated, formerly incarcerated, violence interrupters, elderly in our community, and most vulnerable black and brown loved ones in urban and rural communities.
- Exposing the systemic disparities of the prison industrial complex, standing against gun violence, police brutality, and voter disenfranchisement in communities of color.
- Developing campaigns dedicated to changing state and federal policies around mass incarceration, police brutality and gun violence as these issues impact women. Read more about Live Free WOMB.
- Passage of the Fair Chance Act NYC, which Bans the Box on job applications passed into law June 30, 2015
- Prayer, Praise and Peaceful Protest City Hall Rally and Jericho Walk on December 12, 2014 to unite as the faith community to oppose the non-indictment in the Eric Garner murder case and to fight for justice for victims of NYPD brutality and murder
- Working in coalition with Communities for Police Reform (CPR) to push for the passing of the Know Your Rights Act and solution-based initiatives such as Cop Watch that combat police brutality